Tuesday/Thursday Beginning Course Pool and Classroom
Availability: In Stock
Introduction certification course.
Classes are Tuesday/Thursday evenings from approximatly 6:30pm until 10:30pm.
ONCE YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR CLASS:
- Come into the store to pick up your books.
- Read and complete the ENTIRE book, watch both DVDs, complete the dive computer simulation card. (Inside the blue crewpack).
- Students must provide their own SCUBA quality mask, fin, snorkel and boots (if their fins require them), as well as bathing suit and towel for all class sessions.
To keep our prices low, all classes are nonrefundable and there is a fee of $50 pp to change the date.
PADI Open Water Diver Certification has three parts:
- Classroom OR *eLearning teaches about equipment, safety and dive planning.
- Confined Water (or pool) Dives develop basic scuba skills and Watermanship Assessment consisting of a 10 minute tread or float and a 300 yard mask/fin/snorkel swim.
*THE ABOVE CLASS/CONFINED WATER ARE DONE TOGETHER*
3. Open Water Dives where you'll demonstrate the scuba skills you learned in Confined Water
but in an Open Water environment such as lake, quarry or ocean.
*PADI eLearning is a Premium option for the Open Water Class and is NOT mandatory. Instead of book and dvd, complete the classroom portion online at home, the office or on an airplane!
You will need your own Scuba quality mask, fins, snorkel and boots. This is basic gear that you will take with you wherever you go Scuba diving. Snorkel fins are not allowed.
If you like the water and adventure, you can probably become a PADI diver. Keep in mind the following:
- You will need to fill out a medical form. Sometimes a doctor's approval is required before you can begin the class.
- You must know how to swim. You don't have to be a great swimmer but you should be comfortable.
- There is homework. You will need to read the PADI Open Water Manual, complete the knowledge reviews and watch the DVD. Books are included in the course fee. You also have the option of doing the PADI eLearning for an additional charge.
- Minimum age for the group classes is 12 years old. See the Youth flyer for children ages 10-11.
- Underwater Safaris options for the class/confined water portion of the Open Water Class: