Availability: Contact us for booking information
"Challenging" and "rewarding" best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur. The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
ONCE YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR CLASS:
- Come into the store to pick up your books.
- Read and complete the ENTIRE book.
- Students must provide ALL of their own SCUBA quality equipment. Including mask, fin, boots, snorkel, BCD, regulator, exposure suit, hood, gloves, tanks, weights and dive computer for all sessions of the course.
- Rentals are available, student discount applies towards rental equipment.
What You Learn
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
RESCUE DIVER $300.00 plus crewpack
Consists of 1 classroom and dives done over two days at Haigh Quarry
Prerequisites: PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent, current Emergency First Response or similar first aid and CPR course.
Required Book: PADI Rescue Diver Manual w/ pocket mask $83.50 ($75.15 for our Rescue Students). Includes loan of DVD.
Required Equipment: Exposure protection for diving conditions (wetsuit or drysuit, hood & gloves for local conditions, wetsuit for warm water)BCD, regulator with octopus and gauges, mask, fins, snorkel, tank, weights, etc... Rentals available for everything except mask, fins and snorkel.
2019 RESCUE DATES:
Classroom: Fri, May 10 at 6pm
O/W Dives: Sat & Sun, May 11 & 12
Classroom: Fri, July 26 at 6pm
O/W Dives: Sat & Sun, July 27 & 28
Classroom: Fri, October 4 at 6pm
O/W Dives: Sat & Sun, October 5 & 6